A) grid computing.
B) utility computing.
C) client/server computing.
D) autonomic computing.
1) Which of the following is not a true statement about MDM?
A) Its goal is to ensure a company is not using multiple versions of the same data.
B) It is a multi-step process that includes business process analysis.
C) It is a quality-of-data concept that is used to identify a company's most important data.
D) Its goal is to create a single, authenticated master file for the company's data.
2) What is the first step you should take in managing data for a firm?
A) Identify the data needed to run the business
B) Cleanse the data before importing it to any database
C) Normalize the data before importing to a database
D) Audit your data quality
3) An example of a pre-digital database is a:
A) library’s card-catalog.
B) cash register receipt.
C) doctor’s office invoice.
D) list of sales totals on a spreadsheet.
4) Which of the following best illustrates the relationship between entities and attributes?
A) The entity CUSTOMER with the attribute PRODUCT
B) The entity CUSTOMER with the attribute ADDRESS
C) The entity PRODUCT with the attribute PURCHASE
D) The entity PRODUCT with the attribute CUSTOMER
5) The type of logical database model that treats data as if they were stored in two-dimensional tables is the:
A) OODBMS. B) pre-digital DBMS.
C) relational DBMS. D) hierarchical DBMS.
6) What are the relationships that the relational database is named for?
A) Relationships between rows and columns
B) Relationships between entities
C) Relationships between fields and records
D) Relationships between databases
7) A characteristic or quality describing an entity is called a(n):
A) field. B) tuple.
C) key field. D) attribute.
8) The most basic business database is comprised of:
A) three tables: for customers, suppliers and parts, and sales.
B) four tables: for customers, suppliers, parts, and sales.
For More Information, Please Download This Word Document (Last Page)